Information from G Adventures
Like peanut butter and jelly, Australia and surfing were meant to be enjoyed together, and you probably won’t find another Australian tour with more surfing than this one. In just eight days, you’ll explore Coogee Beach, Bondi Beach, Byron Bay, and even a secret surf spot along the way. Enjoy a visit to the Bondi Surf Life Saver Club, an evening barbecue, a visit to an Aboriginal cultural centre, and four included surfing lessons. Whether you were born with a surfboard in hand or have never been in the ocean, you belong here.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Hands-On Moment: Surfing Lesson, Spot X Your Hands-On Moment: Surfing Lesson, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca Your Hands-On Moment: Surfing Lesson, Byron Bay
- Coastal walk from Coogee Beach to Bondi Beach
- Bondi Surf Bathers' Life Saving Club visit
- Aussie sundowner barbecue
- Three nights at a remote surf camp
- "Pick to plate" organic farm lunch experience (Byron Bay)
- Beach time in Byron Bay
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Take a picturesque coastal walk from coogee beach to bondi beach
- Savour an aussie barbecue
- Hit the waves with four included surf lessons
- Visit an aboriginal cultural centre
Day 1: Sydney Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Sydney Set off on a picturesque coastal walk from Coogee Beach to Bondi Beach, taking in sweeping views of cliffs, bays, and beaches. Enjoy a visit to the historical Bondi Surf Bathers' Life Saving Club after the walk and opt to enjoy a well-deserved cool beverage.
Day 3: Sydney/Spot X Hit the road and head up the coast. It will be a long driving day, but the end destination will not disappoint. Enjoy an Aussie barbecue near beach-style accommodation with the calming sound of waves nearby.
Day 4: Spot X Get ready to hit the waves with an included morning surf lesson at a secret surf spot perfect for newbies, beginners and those looking to hone their skills. Later, sit down and talk to a local surfer about surf culture in Australia. Free afternoon for hammock-lounging, beach volleyball, or more surfing.
Day 5: Spot X Start off the day right with another included surf lesson. After lunch, visit a local Aboriginal cultural centre.
Day 6: Spot X/Byron Bay Stop off at a great surf spot for an included surf lesson on the way up the coast to the old hippie town of Byron Bay. Free afternoon to check out town or walk along the path to Cape Byron Lighthouse, the most easterly point of mainland Australia.
Day 7: Byron Bay Get out in the surf with a final included lesson and coaching from a surf instructor. After a solid session in the waves, enjoy some organic goodness with an urban garden "pick to plate" lunch experience.
Day 8: Byron Bay Depart at any time.