Information from Viator
A wonderful 2 night/3 days tour cycling the Riesling Rail Trail passing rolling vineyards, some of Australia’s oldest cellar doors and world class wines, and experiencing amazing gourmet delights, with friendly locals and a sleepy, country feel. The perfect escape.
Starting in Auburn, an easy 2-hour drive from Adelaide, you will cycle to Clare on Day 1, stay overnight and ride back to Auburn on the second day. Your guide will show you the best of this stunning wine region, whilst cycling with your friends and family. The cycling is off road and safe, covering approx 35-kilometers each day and designed for non riders, so just about anyone that is a little active can do this tour. Visit the best cellars doors so you can experience the amazing food and wine of this gourmet region. Cycling Details • Distance covered: approximately 21.7-miles (35-kilometers) each day on the off road Riesling Trail. • Physical Grading: Easy (flat, gradual gradient) • Bike type: Any suitable, thick tyres recommended for hard packed gravel surface (smooth but some loose gravel). • Hire Available: Yes, fully serviced mountains bikes (not included in price) • Bikes & helmets are available and can be hired at an additional AU$60 per person for the tour, or of course you can BYO bike. Bikes are well maintained mountains bikes and come in various sizes and male/female styles. Electric assist bikes and tandems are available on request for an additional fee. Please contact your local operator to organise Bike and/or Helmet hire prior to tour commencing.
- 1 x night accommodation in Auburn twin share (comfortable 3 star)
- 1 x night accommodation in Clare (4 star)
- Gourmet bistro dinner on your first night in Auburn at the award winning Rising Sun Hotel
- 2 x breakfasts (Sat/Sun)
- 2 x gourmet cellar door lunches including an al la carte lunch at incredible Skillogalle Winery restaurant.
- Up to 5 cellar door winery visits with all tasting fees included
- Collection and transport of all your purchases and luggage
What's not included
- Transport to and from Auburn
- Bike (can be hired from local operator at additional fee)
- Helmet (can be hired from local operator at additional fee)
- A la carte lunch included
- All-inclusive tour
- Breakfast included
- Multi-Day Trip