Information from Viator
Experience the rainforest beauty of Far North Queensland on a scenic day trip from Port Douglas. Ride the historic Kuranda Scenic Railway and choose from a variety of options including the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, Tjupakai Aboriginal Cultural Park or the popular Rainforestation Nature Park.
Learn about Tropical North Queensland's pioneering history on a leisurely train journey to Kuranda 'the village in the rainforest'. Relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery as you wind your way through the rainforest. A short photo stop is made at Barron Gorge and as you cross Stoney Creek Bridge, before arriving in Kuranda.
There is free time in Kuranda to do a little shopping at the heritage markets, grab some lunch in one of the many restaurants/cafes (additional cost) or observe wildlife at Birdworld, Australian Butterfly Sanctuary or Kuranda Koala Gardens (entrance fees not included).
There are many options available to choose from for your Kuranda day trip so you can do as much or as little as you like. Choose from:
Rail/Rainforestation/Sky - Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, visit Rainforestation Nature Park, return on Skyrail (10 hours)
Rail/Sky - Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail (8.5 hours)
Sky/Rail - Travel to Kuranda on Skyrail, return on the Scenic Railway (10 hours)
Rail/Sky/Tjapukai- Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail, visit to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park (9 hours)
Rail/Sky/Tjapukai/Lunch - Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail, visit to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park with buffet lunch (10 hours)
- Hotel pick up and drop off (selected hotels only)
- One-way Kuranda Scenic Railway ride
- One-way Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's not included
- Skyrail (if option not selected)
- Tjapukai (if option not selected)
- Birdworld entrance (approx. AUD12.00/adult, AUD5.00/child)
- Butterfly Sanctuary entrance (approx. AUD13.00/adult, AUD6.50/child)
- Kuranda Koala Gardens entrance (approx. AUD13.00/adult and AUD6.50/child)
- Instant Confirmation
- Rail Tour
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included