Australian dollar ($)
Budget: Less than $150
- Dorm bed: $30–50
- Private room in a hostel: $80–120
- Mainly self-catering but having the occasional budget meal out: $30
- Double room in a midrange hotel: $150–220
- Lunch and dinner in cafes and pubs: $70
Top End: More than $300
- Double room in a top hotel: from $250
- Mains in top restaurants: over $35
Bargaining is not appropriate in Western Australia.
ATMs are plentiful, and there are currency-exchange facilities at the airport and major banks in the CBD.