Australian dollar ($)
Budget: Less than $150
- Dorm bed in a hostel: $30–50
- Private hostel room: $80–130
- Mainly self-catering, with the occasional budget meal: $30
- Public Transport DayRider pass: $12.80
- Double room in a midrange hotel: $130–250
- Lunch in a cafe or pub: $30–40
- River cruise or surf lesson: $40–70
- Short taxi ride: $20
Top End: More than $350
- Double room in a top hotel: from $250
- Three-course dinner in a top restaurant: over $80
- Car rental per day: $30
Bargaining is not part of commercial culture in Western Australia. But you can always try!
ATMs are plentiful, and there are currency-exchange facilities at the airport and major banks in the CBD.