Head down a laneway and up some stairs to step into this restaurant – and into another era. Opened in 1947, it still bears 1950s drapes, wood panelling and Laminex tables. Once only for Italian and Spanish waiters to unwind after work over a game of scopa (a card game), now everyone is welcome for its delicious, hearty plates of red-sauce pasta.