Historic Buildings

On Todd Mall, Adelaide House was built in the 1920s by the founding flying doctor, Reverend John Flynn, as the first hospital in central Australia. Enter a classroom from 1938 at the Old Hartley Street School or take in the gracious beauty of the Residency, built in 1927 and a symbol of the town's brief legislative independence from the rest of the NT.