Information from Viator
• Take in views of Melbourne's skyline while paddling past restaurants, old ships, the former port area and new port. • This is a unique experience with easy paddling and a slow pace to take in the views. • Historical commentary on the old docks area is provided along the way with talks about the former Customs House, turning basin, historical ships, former waterfall and "Mission for Seamen" head quarters. • There is a rest stop, half way through the tour, to stretch your legs and have a snack and a drink. • The Twilight tour includes the Crown Casino pyrotechnics (fire ball) display at dusk and views of the sunset. • The tour is 2.5 hours duration. • Twilight sessions (5, 6 or 7pm, depending on light) are available. • Photos emailed after the event.
• This tour is designed for people with little kayaking experience and/or those who prefer to kayak in water without waves or sea spray. • Your Melbourne kayak tour starts in the city center at Boat House drive. • Start time for the Twilight sessions is 5 pm (April - September) 6pm (October, November, March) 7pm (December to February). • You'll meet your guide, exchange forms, "gear up" with life jackets and then adjust your rudders for your double kayaks. • People who come along "solo" will be matched up with another single or the guide will go in the back of the double. • You will be then instructed on how to use your paddle. • You will then receive a safety briefing before launching off the landing and onto the Yarra River for your journey. • You soon get use to the rudder controls and use of paddles. The group then moves as one along the river. • Pass by the old Customs House, turning basin, historical ships, the Mission to Seafarers, and take in views of restaurants and bars along the water. • Your guide provides narration about the history of the old docks area along the way. • Half way long the tour you will stop for a snack and drink plus a stretch. • For the twilight tour, you will also see views of the sunset and the Crown Casino's pyrotechnics display at dusk. • You then return back to the start and we send photos of the kayak tour, via email, the next day.
- Professional guide
- Snacks and drinks
- Thermals, spray jacket, and all paddling equipment
- Tour photographs (via email)
- Your tour conveniently starts and ends at the same point, so no surprises
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Snacks and Beverages included
- All necessary equipment included