Information from G Adventures
This 20-day whirlwind experience of Thailand brings together all the cultural beauty of the north with the stunning nature of the south. Discover the gorgeous temples of ancient Ayutthaya, roam the bustling streets of Bangkok, and swim in the idyllic waters of the south's coastal paradise. See Thailand the right way on this journey of a lifetime.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Local Living Moment: Overnight Rafthouse Excursion, Kanchanaburi Your Discover Moment: Chiang Mai Your Foodie Moment: Cooking Class, Chiang Mai Your Local Living Moment: Village Homestay, Lampang
- Klong boat tour (Bangkok)
- Wat Po guided visit
- Erawan Falls and Bridge on the River Kwai visit (Kanchanaburi)
- Temple ruins tour (Ayutthaya)
- Thai Burma Railway Centre visit
- Doi Suthep temple visit (Chiang Mai)
- Mae Sai visit (Chiang Rai)
- Opium Museum visit
- Bicycle tour (half-day, Sukhothai)
- Beach barbecue (Koh Lanta)
- Trang Islands snorkelling tour (Koh Ngai)
- Free time on spectacular beaches
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Explore magnificent temples and palaces
- Sleep in a floating rafthouse
- Learn about the sombre history of kanchanaburi
- Have a barbecue on koh lanta's idyllic beaches
- Snorkel amongst colourful marine life
- Enjoy quiet beaches and spectacular scenery
Day 1: Bangkok Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Bangkok/Kanchanaburi Enjoy a klong boat tour of Bangkok including a visit to Wat Pho. Travel to Kanchanaburi and head to your floating rafthouse accommodation. Enjoy free time to explore.
Day 3: Kanchanaburi Enjoy a day of sightseeing at Erawan Falls and the Bridge on the River Kwai.
Day 4: Kanchanaburi to Ayutthaya Explore the Allied War Cemetery and the Thai-Burmese Railway Centre to learn more about the area's history. Travel to Ayutthaya and visit the historical sites of the old capital city. Opt to visit Chan Kasem National Museum and Chao Sam Phraya Museum.
Day 5: Ayutthaya to Chiang Mai Spend a full day exploring Ayutthaya before boarding an overnight train to Chiang Mai.
Day 6: Chiang Mai Arrive in Chiang Mai and explore the city. Visit Doi Suthep in the afternoon.
Day 7: Chiang Mai Enjoy free time to explore Chiang Mai. Opt for a bicycle tour, a visit the Mae Sai waterfall, shopping at the night market, or getting a traditional Thai massage. Enjoy a local cooking class with dinner.
Day 8: Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai Travel to Chiang Rai and start exploring.
Day 9: Chiang Rai Visit the town of Mae Sai and the Opium Museum.
Day 10: Chiang Rai/Lampang Continue on to Lampang and enjoy a homestay in a traditional Lanna village. Participate in craft demonstrations and opt to help prepare a local meal.
Day 11: Lampang/Sukhothai Take in traditional morning activities, followed by lunch in the village. Travel to Sukhothai and enjoy a free afternoon.
Day 12: Sukhothai Take a half-day guided bike tour of Sukhothai Historical Park and explore the area with some free time.
Day 13: Sukhothai/Bangkok Travel to Bangkok and enjoy some time for last minute shopping.
Day 14: Bangkok/Ko Ngai Fly to Trang and board a ferry to tiny Ko Ngai, a pristine paradise. Opt to relax, snorkel or trek rainforest trails to deserted beaches.
Day 15: Ko Ngai Enjoy an included snorkelling trip to nearby Ko Chueak and experience the amazing Emerald Cave of Ko Mook.
Day 16: Ko Ngai/Ko Lanta Take a ferry to the secluded island of Ko Lanta. Enjoy some free time before a beach barbecue this evening.
Day 17: Ko Lanta Spend the day on Ko Lanta. Opt for a day trip to nearby Ko Rok.
Day 18: Ko Lanta/Ao Nang Take a ferry to Ao Nang in Krabi. Enjoy free time exploring the small town or relaxing on its beautiful beaches.
Day 19: Ao Nang Spend a free day in the area. This area boasts plenty of activities such as kayaking, diving, snorkelling, jungle trekking, whitewater rafting and quad biking. Opt to visit Railay Beach, to head out on a snorkelling trip or go rock climbing on the limestone karsts. Discover the idyllic beaches of the Phi Phi islands by pre-booking the Phi Phi Island Tour by Speed Boat extra.
Day 20: Ao Nang Depart at any time. Want to take the hassle out of getting back to Bangkok? Book the Bangkok Express, a two-day post-tour Extra. Speak to your Global Connection Officer or travel agent to book.