Man electrocuted at New Zealand camping ground

Northland, New Zealand.

Northland, New Zealand. Image by Phillip Capper / CC BY 2.0

A 26-year-old man was electrocuted and died after attempting to cut the power to a neighbouring caravan at a beachside camping ground in Northland. The man had pulled the plug from the caravan because the post-midnight noise was too much for him and fellow campers, but he then used a knife to sever the plug which was still connected to the powerbox. He was discovered by the occupants of the caravan when they went to investigate why their lights had gone out. The death is being investigated by the coroner. Read more:

Related content