Louis Vuitton has released a travel case exclusively to carry perfume costing $430
Louis Vuitton, long associated with luxury and monochrome luggage, this week unveiled it's latest travel accessory - a mini travel case designed to just hold a single bottle of perfume.
The tiny leather case comes in the LV signature monogram design, black, white or a dusty millennial pink, and is made to specifically carry Les Parfums Louis Vuitton nice and snugly. The perfumes retail at up to €350, and the newly-launched case starts at $430.
According to the brand: "in creating the Fragrance Travel Cases, Louis Vuitton applies its savoir-faire and mastery in custom-designing the perfect case for transporting and protecting each item of one’s personal belongings." The perfume travel case is secured with a tiny buckle and they can be personalised in-store with your initials hot-stamped on, at an additional charge.
How to safely transport scents
For those of us who are just a little bit too squeezed to stretch to a personalised perfume case, here are some tips for how best to transport scents in luggage:
- Decant into a plastic bottle that is 100 ml or less.
- Squeeze any excess air out of the bottle before tightening the lid (this prevents the bottle from bursting in air).
- Wrap the bottle in cling film, or place in a ziplock plastic bag, to doubly safeguard.
- Pick up free samples of spritzer fragrances that come with magazines or at cosmetic counters in the airport or department stores - these can last for weeks.
- Buy a refillable purse spray bullet, that will allow you to carry and spray your favourite scent, but be sure to protect it the same as above.