The view from above: 10 breathtaking images show the stunning coastline of Ireland
Images taken of Ireland by the Irish Air Corps, as they go about their daily business, show off the rugged and stunning coastline of Ireland.
The 750 men and women who work in the Air Corps are tasked with protecting Irish waters, monitoring fishing vessels and pleasure craft.
They also carry out many daring search and rescue missions in the seas. Their squadrons fly over 132,000 square miles of some breath taking coastline, recording activity and taking images, which it has to be said, wouldn't look out of place in a Lonely Planet guide to Ireland.
Here are just 10 of our favourite images taken from their Facebook page. A tough day at the office for these lads....!
1. Skellig Michael Island, County Kerry
2. Lambay Island, North Dublin
3. Tramore Strand, County Waterford
4. Poolbeg Towers, Sandymount, Dublin
5. Mount Errigal, County Donegal
6. The Blasket Islands, County Kerry
7. The Blessington Lakes, County Wicklow
8. Benbulben, County Sligo
9.The River Suir, Waterford City
10. Enniscrone Beach, County Sligo