British boy dies from allergic reaction to meal on the Amalfi Coast

A seven-year-old British boy has died after suffering a severe allergic reaction whilst on holiday with his family on Italy’s Amalfi Coast.

The Amalfi Coast.

The Amalfi Coast. Image by Dennis Jarvis / CC BY 2.0

The family were travelling with a tour group which stopped at a restaurant in the hilltop town of Scala for lunch. It is thought that the boy’s mother tried to explain about his allergies, but that the waiter may not have fully understood. The boy ate half a bowl of pasta al pomodoro and then travelled by coach with the tour group to nearby Ravello. After arriving in the town he began to have difficulty breathing and went into anaphylactic shock. He was treated by a doctor on the scene and taken to hospital where he died three days later. Police are investigating. Read more: thelocal.it

Places from this story

Recent stories

Activities

16 unique things to do in Hanoi

9 min readPublished about 7 hours ago
JANUARY 21, 2018: People eating at a street café in the old quarter of Hanoi.
Activities

10 must-do things on your trip to Milwaukee

5 min readPublished about 21 hours ago
Downtown Milwaukee skyline with the Milwaukee Art Museum on the right.
Destination Practicalities

Do you need a visa to go to Turkey?

2 min readPublished about 22 hours ago
Kaputas Beach Turkey Mediterranean Sea
Hiking

10 unmissable places to visit in Wales

5 min readPublished about 22 hours ago
Pobbles Bay beach at the Three Cliffs Bay.

Related content