Information from G Adventures
Take in natural and cultural wonders during a nine-day introduction to the best of Argentina and Brazil. Explore the sophisticated architecture and sizzling spirit of Buenos Aires one day, and discover the lush beauty and cool mist of Iguazù Falls the next. While gliding effortlessly from samba to tango and from village life to the rainforest, soak up the rhythms of this diverse region.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Iguaçu Falls, Flora and Fauna Lecture, Iguaçu Falls Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Afro-Brazilian Community Visit, Paraty
- Arrival transfer
- Tour the Argentine and Brazilian sides of Iguazú Falls
- City and food tour in São Paulo
- Schooner tour
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Spend a couple days exploring iguazú falls
- Explore bustling são paulo
- Relax on some of the world's most beautiful beaches
- Samba your way through rio de janeiro
Day 1: Buenos Aires Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Buenos Aires/Iguaçu Falls Fly to Iguazú Falls and explore the Brazilian side to get the best panoramic view. This evening, enjoy a lecture with local biologist/botanist who will talk to us about the flora and fauna around the falls, and the uses of local plants for medicinal and healing purposes.
Day 3: Iguaçu Falls Explore the Argentinian side of the falls. Opt to take a boat tour to get a view of the falls from below. Return to Foz for the night.
Day 4: Iguaçu Falls/São Paulo Fly to São Paulo and discover the city through gastronomy and architecture. Visit some of the city's most noted sites. Along the way, a specialist guide will share his knowledge of popular local cuisine.
Day 5: São Paulo/Paraty Drive to colonial Paraty. Visit an Afro-Brazilian community for a unique cultural interaction and enjoy a traditional meal. Opt to visit a cachaça distillery.
Day 6: Paraty Enjoy an included schooner tour of the harbour's many islands and beaches.
Day 7: Paraty/Rio de Janeiro Carry on by private van to Rio de Janeiro for free time to explore the city. Use our centrally located hotel in Copacabana as a base. Opt to take a city tour.
Day 8: Rio de Janeiro Explore vibrant Rio; sun, beach, and nightlife await. Opt to visit Christ the Redeemer and Sugar Loaf Mountain.
Day 9: Rio de Janeiro Depart at any time.