When to Go
High Season (Nov–Feb & Jul)
- Patagonia is best (and most expensive) December to February.
- Crowds throng to the beaches from late December through January.
- Snow falls at ski resorts from June to August.
Shoulder (Sep–Nov & Mar–May)
- Temperature-wise the best times to visit Buenos Aires.
- The Lake District is pleasant; leaves are spectacular in March and April.
- The Mendoza region has its grape harvests and wine festival.
Low Season (Jun–Aug)
- Good time to visit the north.
- Many services close at beach resorts, and mountain passes can be blocked by snow.
- July is a winter vacation month, so popular destinations get busy.