Discount Cards

  • The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is available through It can help travelers obtain discounts on public transportation and admissions to museums. Any official-looking university identification may (or may not) be accepted as a substitute.
  • An HI card, available at any HI hostel (, will get you discounts on your stay at any HI facility. The HoLa ( card works in a similar way for a different network of hostels.
  • Travelers over the age of 60 can sometimes obtain senior-citizen discounts on museum admissions and the like. Usually a passport with date of birth is sufficient evidence of age.