Argentine peso (AR$)
Budget: Less than US$60
- Dorm bed: US$15–22
- Double room in good budget hotel: US$65
- Cheap main dish: under US$11
- Three-star hotel room: US$75–150
- Average main dish: US$10–16
- Four-hour bus ticket: US$30
Top End: More than US$200
- Five-star hotel room: US$165+
- Fine main dish: over US$17
- Taxi trip across town: US$12
Unlike many other South American countries, bargaining is generally not the norm in Argentina.
You can change money on the international bridge. There are several banks with ATMs around the main plaza.