Bariloche is at the epicenter of the region's craft-beer movement, and breweries and brewpubs are both numerous and excellent in quality.
Bariloche's Beer Trail
Chocolate isn't Bariloche's only claim to culinary fame: the town is central to the region's craft-beer movement that has really taken off in recent times. There are excellent breweries and brewpubs to be found both in the town itself and dotted along the Circuito Chico. Here are some stops that a beer lover shouldn't miss:
- Cervecería Manush The most popular microbrewery in town, where the gourmet snacks are as good as the stout and porter.
- Cervecería La Cruz Beer garden on the outskirts of Bariloche, with excellent porter and IPAs and live music on weekends.
- Cervecería Lowther Formerly a one-man show, this brewery is very highly rated for its darker brews – the stouts and the porter.
- Cervecería Blest Argentina's original brewpub where the picadas (cold-cut platters) go extremely well with the Scotch ale, amber ale and bock.
- Cervecería Patagonia Microbrewery/beer hall with an excellent ambience, delightful terrace overlooking the lake and slow-cooked food to go with your Bohemian pilsner or golden ale.
- Cervecería Berlina Award-winning brewery known for its 15 beers, with the smoked Rauch Bier and the Colonia Suiza blond ale particularly popular with connoisseurs.