Eastern Caribbean dollar (EC$); US$ preferred
Budget: Less than US$200
- Budget hotel room: US$90–200
- Barbecue meal: US$15–20
- Bottle of beer: US$3–5
- Snorkeling gear rental per day: US$10
- Live reggae band: free
- Midrange hotel room/apartment: US$200–400
- Two-course evening meal: US$40–70
- Cocktail: US$8–16
- One-tank dive: US$80
- Day trip to Sandy Island: US$60
- Car rental per day: from US$45
Top End: More than US$400
- Top-end hotel room or villa: from US$400
- Three-course gourmet meal: from US$110
- Bottle of Champagne: from US$100
- Round of golf (18 holes): US$299
- Full-moon horseback ride: US$150
There's no bargaining on Anguilla; you're expected to pay the stated price.
The Eastern Caribbean dollar (EC$) is the local currency, but the US dollar is preferred and often required. Many smaller establishments don't accept credit cards.
Larger establishments accept credit cards (including foreign cards).
For current exchange rates, see www.xe.com.
Most restaurant bills include a 15% service charge, while hotels add a 10% service charge; no further tipping is necessary.