Andorra Turisme (http://visitandorra.com) National tourist board.
Grand Valira (www.grandvalira.com) For eastern ski resorts; information on snow conditions.
Mobilitat i Transport Públic (www.mobilitat.ad) Live government monitoring of road conditions.
Ski Andorra (www.skiandorra.ad) Ski-condition reports and country-wide info.
Vall Nord (www.vallnord.com) For northern ski slopes; information on snow conditions.
Lonely Planet (www.lonelyplanet.com/andorra) Destination information, hotel bookings, traveller forum and more.
What to Take
- Suitable walking shoes & day pack – for those wonderful Pyrenean trails
- Ski gear (though most equipment can be rented on the slopes)
- European plug adaptor
- Bathing suit (Andorra has some lovely thermal spas)
- Spare suitcase space – for duty-free purchases
What to Wear
Wrap up warm on the ski slopes, where you'll also want to nail that subtly stylish après-ski look. On Andorra's Pyrenean walking trails, always come prepared for sudden weather changes and wear appropriate clothing for high-mountain hikes. Elsewhere, things are fairly casual, but do dress up for smart restaurants, bars and clubs. Bring a bathing suit for soaking in Andorra's thermal spas.
- Plan transport to/from nearest airport
- If arriving by air through Spain or France, then driving, check your hire car is permitted to cross the border into Andorra
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months past your arrival date
- Check airline baggage restrictions
- Inform your debit-/credit-card company
- Arrange appropriate travel insurance