Lek (plural lekë); the euro (€) is widely accepted.
Budget: Less than €50
- Dorm bed: €10–15
- Double room in budget hotel: €25–40
- Cheap meal: €2–4
- Intercity furgon (minibus) ride: €2–7
- Double room in midrange hotel: €40–60
- Lunch or dinner in local restaurants: €4–10
- Admission to museums: €1–4
- Short taxi trip: €5–10
Top end: More than €100
- Double room in top-end hotel: from €80
- Dinner in a leading Tirana restaurant: €15–30
- Half-day city tour €20–30
- Car hire per day: €40–80
It’s perfectly acceptable to haggle at markets and at shops selling souvenirs. Elsewhere it’s not common. For long-distance taxi rides, haggling is definitely a good idea.
Tirana has plenty of ATMs, all of which can be used to withdraw money from foreign debit and credit cards.