Travel with Children
By and large Albania is a fantastic country for family-travel. Albanians adore children and will treat younger children like kings and queens. Restaurants and hotels will always do their best to accommodate your children's needs and there are no fussy north European/Anglosaxon rules about children being seen but not heard.
Most children will (of course) enjoy the beaches, but the castles of Berat and Gjirokastra also inspire little minds as do Albania's ancient sites. If your children enjoy the mountains, there are some short family-friendly walks around Theth and Valbona.
- Hotels tend to be friendly and well disposed towards children, but it’s rare to be able to book cots.
- Safety seats can normally be booked with hire cars.
- Short distances mean road travel is rarely a major chore.
- Breastfeeding is acceptable in public, though in some places women will be expected to cover themselves while doing so, and in more rural areas this may be a taboo.
- Disposable nappies and milk formula are readily available.