Day 1 potiguara tour:1. Remains of the Baia da Traiçao Portuguese fort
2. Cliffs of Alto do Tamba
3. Visit to the house of Dona Fatima, shaman of the Potiguara village of Sao Francisco
4. Visit to the "casa de farinha" where the Indios work and produce cassava flour
5. Visit to the source of Rio do Gozo
6. Visit to the ruins of the eighteenth-century church of Sao Miguel
Day 2 Manatee tour:Transfer to the village of Camurupim on the Sinibù river.Visit to the "Paradise of the turtles". Located on a stretch of reef immortal to the sea from which you can spot dozens of turtles.Stop at the beach of Barra di Mamanguape, deserted and kilometer, completely virgin and uninhabited.Access to the mouth of the Mamanguape river to search for the presence of the manatee.
Potiguara tour:1. Remains of the Portuguese fort of Baia da Traiçao: The remains of the Portuguese fort consist of the three cannons that once defended the garrison stationed in Baia da Traiçao and which are on top of a cliff overlooking the Ocean from which you can enjoy a wonderful view of the beaches below.
2.Cliffs of Alto do Tamba:Place of great naturalistic and landscaping interest. The cliffs of Alto de Tambà represent a unique and perfectly preserved example of this type of rock formation.
3. Visit to the house of Dona Fatima, shaman of the Potiguara village of Sao Francisco: Dona Fatima, an important shaman of the Potiguara community, will welcome us into her home, together with her family, and she will tell ancient indigenous legends; it will be an interesting opportunity to see closely how a Potiguara family lives in the reserve.
4. Visit to the "casa de farinha" where the Indios work and produce cassava flour:The "casa de farinha" is a community structure still active today in many of the 32 villages of the reserve, here the manioc harvest of each family is brought and is subjected to the shredding and pressing process to produce cassava flour and " rubber "used to cook" tapioca ". The guide will explain the processing steps and the use of machinery.
5.Visit to the sources of the Rio do Gozo:The source of the Rio do Gozo is a place of incredible beauty, pure water, which flows from the ground, a stream that forms a natural pool surrounded by virgin forest, where we can make a wonderful restorative bath.
6.Visit to the ruins of the eighteenth-century church of Sao Miguel:The church of Sao Miguel dates back to the mid-1700s and testifies to the activity of evangelization of the Franciscan friars within the Potiguara community completely dominated by the Portuguese.
Manatee tour:1.Transfer to the village of Camurupim on the Sinibù river. Starting point of the excursion to the conservation area of the marine manate and mangrove forests.
2.Visit to the "Paradise of the turtles" Our excursion heads towards the rocks that emerge from the sea at low tide that will give us the opportunity to anchor the small motor boat and climb on the rocks.
3.Stop at the beach of Barra di Mamanguape. The beach stretches for miles to the south in a sequence of endless dunes and crags,
4. when the "Peixe Boi" project , as the manatee is called here , was included in the protection program developed a series of initiatives to give work to the fishermen who lived in the hunt for the mammal, so were born various activities related to tourism. Today in the area live five manatees and this is one of the few places where they can be observed in their natural habitat and with a little luck it is possible to sight it.