- Sadarghat Boarding a rowboat down at the gritty docks of Sadarghat and crossing the manic Buriganga River, the very lifeblood of this enormous city.
- Cycle-rickshaws See some of Dhaka's thousands of cycle-rickshaws being made – and buy a piece of rickhshaw art for yourself on Bangshal Rd.
- Old Dhaka Getting lost wandering the fascinating, overcrowded alleyways of Old Dhaka (Puran Dhaka).
- Ahsan Manzil Poking around the museum at this charming pink palace.
- Lalbagh Fort Escaping Old Dhaka’s hustle and bustle and exploring the ruins of this ancient fort.
- Shankharia Bazar Dhaka's small Hindu quarter is a riot of noise and colour.