go to content go to search box go to global site navigation



No visas are required if you arrive in Wales from within the UK. If you arrive directly from any other country, British regulations apply.

At present, citizens of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and the USA are given ‘leave to enter’ the UK at their point of arrival for up to six months, but are prohibited from working. If you’re a citizen of the EU, you don’t need a visa to enter the country and may live and work freely. Visa regulations are always subject to change, however; so check with your local British embassy, high commission or consulate before leaving home. For more information, see www.ukvisas.gov.uk.

To extend your stay in the UK, contact the Home Office, Immigration & Nationality Directorate (0870 606 7766; www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk; Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Rd, Croydon, London CR9 2BY) before your existing permit expires. You’ll need to send your passport with your application.