All content by Intrepid
From south to north, Vietnam is a kaleidoscope of wonderful people and picturesque landscapes. Imagine learning the mysteries of the Viet Minh in Ho Chi Minh City or exploring the beautiful lakes and boulevards of Hanoi - and what better way to get to know the locals than to be their guests on a Mekong Delta homestay? Experience historical temples, visit Vietnam's spectacular coastline, enjoy delicious banquets and explore lively cities - all with a touch of comfort - on this 15-day Classic Vietnam tour.
- Get caught up in the bustle of Ho Chi Minh City.
- Float across sparkling waters on a Halong Bay tour.
- Learn about local life on a Mekong homestay.
- Walk along unspoilt beaches in Nha Trang.
- Visit the Old Quarter of Hanoi for a spot of shopping.
- Discover imperial Vietnam in Hue.
- Descend into the tight confines of the Cu Chi Tunnels.
- Watch a traditional water puppet performance in Hanoi.
- Feast on mouth-watering Vietnamese cuisine.
Day 1 Ho Chi Minh City
Formerly known as Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City is an exciting and dynamic city brimming with street vendors, cyclos, temples, shops and colonial architecture.
Day 2 Mekong Delta
The Mekong Delta is the lifeblood of South-East Asia, and this fertile region within Vietnam is a maze of canals brimming with life, markets and tropical foods.
Days 3-4 Ho Chi Minh City
With countless food stalls, restaurants, museums and markets, the busy streets of Ho Chi Minh City have something for everyone to enjoy.
Days 5-6 Nha Trang
Once referred to as the 'Cannes of the Orient', Nha Trang's sandy palm-lined beach and island-dotted bay still make an idyllic picture, and a cosmopolitan feel prevails in the town itself.
Days 7-9 Hoi An
With lantern-lit streets, vibrant markets, skilled tailors, artisan shops, ancient houses, colourful temples and beautiful smiles, Hoi An is a Vietnamese wonderland.
Days 10-11 Hue
As the former imperial capital of Vietnam, Hue holds the treasures of Vietnam's royal past and is a curious mix of bustling streets and tranquil settings.
Day 12 Hanoi
Hanoi is famous for its tranquil lake settings, French-colonial architecture, ancient temples, delectable cuisine and as the resting place of the revered former leader, Ho Chi Minh.
Day 13 Halong Bay
Halong Bay is a place of surreal beauty, with ethereal limestone islands jutting out of jade waters and atmospheric caves and grottoes carved out by time.
Days 14-15 Hanoi
With a vibrant Old Quarter to explore, delicious food to discover and a city where ancient meets modern with ease, no wonder Hanoi is a favourite with travellers.
Maximum of 12 travellers per group
Homestay, Hotel, Overnight boat, Overnight sleeper train
Boat, Overnight sleeper train, Plane, Private vehicle
1. A single supplement is available on this trip2. An airport arrival transfer is included. Please provide your flight details at the time of bookingHUE AIRPORT CLOSURE: March 2013 The Hue airport will be closed for approximately 8 months. For departures during this period we will be using the Danang airport for the flight to Hanoi. It is a 3hr transfer from Hue city to Danang airport.