Nam Thien Nhat Tru

sights / Other

Lonely Planet review

Modelled on Hanoi’s One Pillar Pagoda, this structure is similar but not identical. The One Pillar Pagoda of Thu Duc, Hanoi’s original pagoda was built in the 11th century, destroyed by the French in 1954 and rebuilt by the Vietnamese; Ho Chi Minh City’s version was constructed in 1958. Officially known as Nam Thien Nhat Tru , most people call it the One Pillar Pagoda of Thu Duc.