Occupying half of Plaza Bolívar’s southern side, the city hall was erected by the Caracas bishops from 1641 to 1696 to house the...
Iglesia de San Francisco
Just south of the Capitolio Nacional, the Church of San Francisco was built in the 1570s, but was remodeled on several occasions during...
This leafy square is the nucleus of the old town. It's always alive with huddled groups of caraqueños engaged in conversation and...
Mi Linda Llanura
For a taste of Los Llanos in the capital, this rooftop party terrace has breezy views over the Asemblea Nacional and serious llanero ...
Asemblea Nacional information
As part of his mad dash toward modernization in the 1870s, Guzmán Blanco commissioned an ambitious, neoclassical seat of congress, the National Assembly , to occupy the entire block just southwest of Plaza Bolívar. It was formerly known as the Capitolio Nacional. The two-building complex was erected on the site of a convent, whose occupants were promptly expelled by the dictator and their convent razed.