4-Day Native American Cultures of the Southwest
Tour description provided by Viator
Travel to some of the most spectacular landscapes in the world including the incredible Mesas of Monument Valley, and the Grand Canyon that goes for miles. Combine these with the historic Montezuma Castle, and you have got yourself an experience to write home about!
- Hotel pickup
- 4-nights accommodation at the kings ransom hotel & inn
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Jeep tour
- Monument valley excursion
What isn't included
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Day 1: Travel from Phoenix/Scottsdale to the red rock country of Sedona. This area is well known for its fine Southwestern arts and Native history. In the afternoon, you'll take a jeep excursion - "Original Vortex Tour." Explore your spirituality and the history of the first humans drawn to the area. Hear the creation story of the ancestors who once walked this beautiful land.
- Day 2: Join your tour guide for a visit to Grand Canyon National Park.You'll have time to visit the famed Desert View watchtower, symbolic of ancient Anasazi structures from civilizations long since gone from the area. You’ll also visit the Navajo Indian Reservation for a stop at the historic Cameron Trading Post. Overnight in Sedona.
- Day 3::Travel to Monument Valley Tribal Park for a scenic off road trip into the heart of the Valley. The towering buttes of this magnificent area have long been the backdrop for Western movies and you'll see them up close with your Native American guide. Along the way, visit an authentic hogan, the traditional dwelling of the Navajo people. Overnight in Sedona.
- Day 4: Today, travel to the Homolovi Ruins - these ancient dwelling were once the homes of Hopi ancestors. Next, enjoy an authentic Hopi meal with your guide at the Hopi Cultural Center.Visit the Hopi Museum with time to shop and view the amazing pieces found here. Spend the afternoon visiting the Village of Walpi on First Mesa, the most pristine of all of the Hopi Villages. Take a walking tour with another Hopi Indian Guide, who will share the traditions of the Hopi People. Meet with the Hopis in their homes and share their culture and history with them first hand.
- Day 5: Depart Sedona for your outbound flights from Phoenix Airport. (Shuttles to Phoenix depart several times daily and flights should be coordinated with those times.)