- 1556 San Elizario Rd, San Elizario
- 7-11am Mon-Fri
Lonely Planet review for San Elizario
The presidio chapel of San Elizario is located on a military fort established for the Spanish government in 1684. Today, peaceful San Elizario is notable for its 1882 church and the adjacent town plaza where de Oñate issued his 1598 proclamation claiming the region for Spain.