This branch covers: Mainland USA, Hawaii & Alaska
So many posts request the impossible - that a bunch of people who have never met you magically intuit how much you have to spend and what will make you happy on vacation, generally planning out your route for three months and helping you get discount flight reservations.
So, what can you do to get great travel advice?
1. Do your homework
The web is filled with basic information like how far it is from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon, or how to…
- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about the United…
We are two 30-somethings who want to head to Alaska in early August. We're thinking of going for between 10 and 12 days. Is it realistic to see Denali and the Kenai Peninsula? Or are they two far apart? We're looking to do some hiking, maybe some easy camping, but nothing crazy strenuous. An 8-10 mile hike would be the absolute max distance-wise. We're interested in seeing beautiful scenery and doing whatever fun activities are available -- boating maybe? We're not pinching pennies.
Hello Fellow Travellers!!
My husband & I found out last week about a Blues & Bike Festival in Silver City, NM, to be held this past Memorial Day weekend. Well, it was too late for us to make any plans for us to attend this year.
My questions are: has anyone ever gone there? Is it worth attending.?
Hi, I am Li, an international student, who plan to drive my own car to take a travel along with the ROUTE 66 in USA this July. I want to find a tough lady who has the same interest to travel with me and share the living and gasoline fee.
I am a kind and easy-going man.
As to the detail of Journey, we can discuss together.
We (me, my wife and 1 year old daughter)are travelling to USA (NY, Florida, Chicago, Washington, Boston and Atlanta) on 28 June 2016 for the first time and will bethere till 28 July 2016.
Need suggestion on planing our trip.
We first plan to go to Florida. From there we will go to Atlanta. Return to NY will be on 17/18 Jul 2016. Need to figure out the cheap yet comfortable mode of travel (NY - Florida - NY).
After reaching NY on 17/18 Jul 2016 we plan for 2 days trip to Chicago, DC and…
My boyfriend and I are travelling around the West Coast for 2 weeks at the end of July/start of August. We have return flights from the UK to LA.
We have came up with an itinerary, however we are both open to further suggestions or any comments on this.
So far we have planned:
- Land into LAX, pick up a hire car and head over to our hotel (we are staying close enough to the airport). This day/night is really just to give us a chance to acclimatise and prevent jet lag kicking in. Any…
After a long international flight, we land in Houston around noon and pick up a rental car. We then plan to drive east to Lafayette, Baton Rouge, Natchez and then New Orleans. We are looking for some advice:
1) Any suggestions on somewhere to stay the first night heading east from Houston perhaps in a small quiet town?
2) We are definitely going to stay in New Orleans but on the way, are Lafayette, Baton Rouge and Natchez all worth visiting and staying?
2) If so, what route should we take to cover…