Winter can get gloomy no matter how many spirit-lifting hot toddies you try to chug down your neck, or how many cosy movie theatres you decamp to. But hey, there's no beating it so you may as well join it. Here are a few ideas for turning that meteorological frown upside down.
- Top 9 winter destinations - making the best of the big chill
- 10 reasons why Britain is best in winter - although who needs the other 9 when you've got such great pubs?
- 7 wonders of winter - Canada's northern lights!
- Holiday season ice-skating - twirl your blues away
- Love in a cold climate - get romantic in Reykjavik
- Hogmanay in Edinburgh - the fun will keep you warm
- How to get cosy in Copenhagen - they've made an art out of shunning the cold for a cuddly atmosphere
- Chill out in China: Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival - if life gives you ice, make ice sculptures
- Winter in Wyoming - you might spot a wolf