This branch covers: Mainland USA, Hawaii & Alaska
So many posts request the impossible - that a bunch of people who have never met you magically intuit how much you have to spend and what will make you happy on vacation, generally planning out your route for three months and helping you get discount flight reservations.
So, what can you do to get great travel advice?
1. Do your homework
The web is filled with basic information like how far it is from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon, or how to…
- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about the United…
Me and 2 of my friends are planning a two-three week road trip in the west coast on october, starting in LA, going somehow up north all the way to Seattle and then back to LA.
In that matter, I have two questions I would like your advice about =)
1. We are really into renting an RV and I understood that its more expensive than renting a car and staying at motels, but is it a big difference? will an RV trip of this kind require paying for parking each night?
2. Your thoughts on what might be…
I'm starting to plan a trip with my partner to the Redwood National and State Parks. We live in Portland, OR. Any tips on where to stay close by? Things to do over a three-day weekend? Places to stop and visit? Budget saving tips?
Hi I know the title doesn't make much sense, but basically I am wanting to visit the us mainly the state of Maine, (I don't know if that makes a difference or not) A few years ago I was arrested and triarged for assault, and this year I received my very first caution which unfortunately was for drugs (nothing major like coke etc), my main question is How badly will these affect my chances of visiting the us as I only plan to stay a week, if it helps I am in the army reserve, would that make any…
Planning a week to 10 day roadtrip from NYC to Nashville (possibly Memphis too) with 2 other friends. Any suggestions for stops/sights along the way? Any recommended routes? We like seeing just about all types of things (museums, national parks, landmarks etc.) TIA!
Hi! I am flying into Seattle in September and plan on roadtripping south to surrounding areas and flying out of Portland.
I have a total of 5 FULL DAYS, and two days of travel on top of that. I arrive on Wed Sept 7th and fly home on Tuesday Sept 13th.
Looking for suggestions. Interested in nature, waterfalls, beaches, hiking..... Don't really want to camp anywhere in a tent, but would be interested in rustic cabins or places like that.
I have done a little bit of research and would like to…