Our Lady of the Rosary Rectory
Built around 1834 as the home of Evariste Blanc, Our Lady of the Rosary Rectory exhibits a combination of styles characteristic of the...
This oak tree near Big Lake in City Park stands festooned with chimes, some up to 14ft in length. Standing under the tree during the...
St Louis Cemetery No 3
This long but compact cemetery was established in 1854 at the site of the old Bayou Cemetery and is worth strolling through for a few...
Like many of the best indie coffee shops, Fair Grinds is comfy, hip and unpretentious. And, of course, it serves a good cup of joe. It...
Enjoy wine and conversation with crowds of Mid-City locals who swear by Lola’s paellas and fideuas (an angel-hair pasta variation on...
1440 Moss St · interesting places nearby
Pitot House information
The Pitot House, perched prettily beside Bayou St John, is an excellent example of classical French New Orleans architecture. Constructed circa 1799, it's the only Creole Colonial house along the bayou that is open to the public. The shaded verandah served as a living area whenever the weather got too hot. The house is named for resident James Pitot, who served as first mayor of incorporated New Orleans and lived here from 1810 to 1819. Visitation is by guided tour.