United First Parish Church
United First Parish Church information
John and Abigail Adams and John Quincy and Louisa Catherine Adams are all interred in the basement of this handsome granite church in Quincy Center. The crypt is open by guided tour.
Reverend John Hancock (father to the famous patriot) had been the preacher at the old wooden meeting house that previously stood on this spot. In 1822, John Adams established a fund to replace the wooden church with the fine granite structure that stands today. The church was built in 1828 by Alexander Parris, who was also responsible for designing Quincy Market in Boston.