This branch covers: Mainland USA, Hawaii & Alaska
So many posts request the impossible - that a bunch of people who have never met you magically intuit how much you have to spend and what will make you happy on vacation, generally planning out your route for three months and helping you get discount flight reservations.
So, what can you do to get great travel advice?
1. Do your homework
The web is filled with basic information like how far it is from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon, or how to…
- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about the United…
My family and I will be moving to the West Coast in mid October. We are leaving Texas on October 15th and planning our route to see some of the best sites America has to offer. The only portion of our trip I am concerned about is our trip through Yosemite.
We will be driving our 26ft Class C motor home while pulling our car on a full size dolly. I worry about the grade of the incline, going up as well as down the backside. How would we fair in the twists and turns? What do we have…
I go to California with my boyfriend, we are first time in US and I would like to hear your opinion on the trip we planned.
We will be there 7-17 October (full days).
It is an active one, but I hope it is feasible:
0. Arrive to San Francisco and rest [sleep San Francisco]
1. San francisco: Pier, Fishermens market, city, and Exploratorium musey [sleep San Francisco]
2. Murrey Woods near San Francisco + city in evening [sleep in San Francisco]
3. San Francisco city + Outlet store on…
Hi folks, I'm meeting up with a friend in Salt Lake City and driving to Moab for 5 days in mid-October. We're 2 American women in our early 30s.
Wed: drive SLC to Moab, find a BLM campsite. Head to Arches for site-seeing and hiking
Thurs: Canyoneering tour - Granary canyon (booked)
Fri: Canyonlands (Island in the Sky district) and Dead Horse state park
Sat: Colorado River bike ride
Sun: Maybe back to Arches? drive back to SLC
My biggest question is recommendation for…
Folks, I'm in a dilemma... Help me out here!
I'm staying in NY for 5 nights in December, landing in JFK and leaving from LGA. At the moment I have a few accommodation options but I would welcome some help choosing...
The Local NYC, just across the water in Long Island City, very close to Court Square metro. Looks a really cool place and will work out around $280 for the 5 nights. Just concerned about travel time into Manhattan... Is it a big issue (on the Metro) and how safe would it be…
I (24, German, student) am looking for travel mates from San Francisco (or nearby) to go from the 7, 8 or 9 th october to national parks (Yosemite, or something else in CA or Nevada or Arizona). I don't have a international driver licence so it would be ideal to find someone with a car to share the cost. On the 23rd october is my next flight from LAX.
I would prefer staying in cheap hostels but would buy a cheap tent if that would make sense.
Just drop me a message if that's in the…
Needed some suggestions on a "quick" 5 day “Photography” road trip from Vegas to Denver during the Nov Thanksgiving weekend. 3 of us will be reaching Las Vegas on Tue night around 11 PM and have a return flight from Denver on Sun evening at around 8 PM.
I have listed down some key places which I would like to visit, all open to change though (in the order from Vegas to Denver)
• Death Valley
• Coral Pink Sand Dunes Park
• Paria Canyon
• Horseshoe Bend