St Peter's Church

sights / Religious

St Peter's Church information

Something wrong?
Submit a correction

Ever popular for weddings, the much-photographed 'Little Blue Church' practically sits in Kahuluʻu Bay. Made of clapboard and a corrugated-tin roof in the 1880s, the church was moved here from White (Magic) Sands Beach in 1912. The church is on the makai side of Aliʻi Dr, north of mile marker 5.

Incidentally, an ancient Hawaiian temple, Kuʻemanu Heiau, once stood here. Hawaiian aliʻi (royalty), who surfed at the northern end of Kahaluʻu Bay, prayed at the temple before hitting the waves.