Kauai Learn to Surf Lesson
Tour description provided by Viator
Looking for something different to do this summer in Kauai? You've always wanted to surf, and now here's your opportunity to learn how with Kauai surfing lessons! What could be better than surfing on Hanalei Bay, with an expert local surfer to teach you the moves with a Kauai surfing lesson.
Feel like a local when you hit the waves and take part in one of Hawaii's favorite pastimes! Learn to surf, understand the ocean's movements and gain an insight into surfing culture on a fun-filled 2-hour Kauai surfing lesson.
Surf lesson Kauai instruction is conducted in small groups with a maximum of 4 participants, ensuring personal guidance and instruction for all. Soft-top boards are used for beginners for the safest possible learning environment. Your surfing instructor will be a local Hawaiian who has dedicated their life to surfing. As a professional surf instructor, your teacher is highly qualified to instruct you in all aspects of the sport of surfing.
The surf on the North Shore of Kauai is perfect all year long for lessons. In Hawaii every day there are wave reports. From huge waves to flat, 98.50% of the time the waves are perfect for lessons along Hanalei Bay. During a day or two of totally flat or stormy conditions there are other areas close by that you'll be taken to. There is always somewhere to surf in Kauai!
First 30 minutes:
- Learn to watch the ocean and the waves together and talk about ocean safety
- Learn how to paddle and positioning yourself on the board.
- Learn to start reading the waves
Second 30 minutes:
- Lessons begin in the ocean and learn to stand up
- Learn about the world of surfing and some basic rules when surfing
- Time for questions!
The final 30 - 60 minutes:
- Use the board and practice on your own
- Group lesson with water safety trained instructor
- Use of the top of the line surf boards, leashes and rash vests
What isn't included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off