Chicago Walking Tour: Historic Loop Skyscrapers
Chicago Walking Tour: Historic Loop Skyscrapers information and booking
Tour description provided by Viator
Perhaps Chicago's most identifiable claim to fame resides in its architecture. The prototype of the modern industrial metropolis arose from the charred landscape left by the Great Fire of 1871. Many of Chicago's surviving buildings are the forefathers of the great modern skyscrapers and on this walking tour you will discover the historic beginnings of the Chicago School of Architecture and the earliest skyscrapers, built between the 1870s and the 1930s.
The tour features numerous buildings in Chicago's Loop that were built in this era, including:
- Chicago Board of Trade Building, one of the city's finest examples of Art Deco architecture
- The Auditorium Building, a Louis Sullivan masterpiece
- The Rookery, a National Historic Landmark
Learn about the architects who influenced the city's architecture and view their creations on this guided walking tour, sampling Chicago's rich past. As they say in Chicago, "The City is Our Museum" so come walk with the experts!
- Historic walking tour of chicago's architecture
- Narration by a professional and certified guide
What isn't included
- Food and drinks