- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about the United States…
This branch covers: Mainland USA, Hawaii & Alaska
So many posts request the impossible - that a bunch of people who have never met you magically intuit how much you have to spend and what will make you happy on vacation, generally planning out your route for three months and helping you get discount flight reservations.
So, what can you do to get great travel advice?
1. Do your homework
The web is filled with basic information like how far it is from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon, or how…
We need an itinerary for 9 days of vacation in mid-June. Our needs are:
- Start with 2 nights in Niagra Falls
- End in New York for 1 night (ok if we will fly there)
- Prefer warmer places (I think this can affect some Canada locations)
- Not too long driving (flights are ok)
- Nice views of nature (not camping)
Any ideas are welcome!
i plan on traveling alone along east and west coast around July and August, and would like to spend some time with other travelers (im 24)
when i was in australia it was common that all the tourists went in the same route and we traveled together. i just wanted to know if it goes the same way in united states through the coasts and if ill meet travelers on my way and at my age .. thanks :)
My partner and I plan an 8 days visit to north america (US or Canada) in mid-June. We like nature, history and vibrant cities. Are there any routes which are recommended for a romantic holiday? I know this can be taken to many directions and would be happy to hear some ideas.
I'll be driving from Vancouver, BC to Portland in late August and was wondering if there were any recommendations on places to stop along the way. We will have been in Seattle already and are more looking for scenic places or must-stop sights, along with any great places to grab a bite to eat. I assume we'll be driving down I-5, but if anyone has any better, more scenic routes, I'd be open to that, too. Not looking to get too far off the beaten path here, but I know you all know your…