This branch covers: Mainland USA, Hawaii & Alaska
So many posts request the impossible - that a bunch of people who have never met you magically intuit how much you have to spend and what will make you happy on vacation, generally planning out your route for three months and helping you get discount flight reservations.
So, what can you do to get great travel advice?
1. Do your homework
The web is filled with basic information like how far it is from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon, or how to…
- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about the United…
After a long international flight, we land in Houston around noon and pick up a rental car. We then plan to drive east to Lafayette, Baton Rouge, Natchez and then New Orleans. We are looking for some advice:
1) Any suggestions on somewhere to stay the first night heading east from Houston perhaps in a small quiet town?
2) We are definitely going to stay in New Orleans but on the way, are Lafayette, Baton Rouge and Natchez all worth visiting and staying?
2) If so, what route should we take to cover…
My fiance and I are moving to savannah have jobs lined up and same with a place anyone heading down 95 to savannah were in Maryland I'm a 27 year old marine veteran just looking for a safe ride
Hi, my family (2 adults and two kids 4 &6) are about to head out for a 3 week adventure out west. We found that Phoenix has the best air rates in so we want to see the Grand Canyon but after that what should be our route up north to the Red Woods? From there we want to travel the coast to Disney and fly back out of Phoenix. Any advice on kid friendly attractions along the way would be wonderful as well.
We're planning a road trip in North America on our way back to the UK from NZ and just looking for a bit of advice. We'll be travelling with a 5 year old and a 2.5 year old so it all needs to be kid friendly but would like it to be a bit educational too. We'd probably like to travel overland as much as possible but don't mind if it's cars/motels/motorhome/train etc. Just not keen on coaches as not sure of car seat requirements yet!
Hubby has been to quite a few places but I've…
Is my first time in United State and with my boyfriend we want to do a roadtrip from Bar Harbor to NY, and we would appreciate if you can give some suggestions.
We arrive on June 2 to Bar Harbor and we must be on June 10 in Boston and plan to reach New York on June 13.
We were thinking on:
03/june and 04/june : Bar Harbor/ Acadia National Park
05/ june: Bar Harbor to Lincoln or Conway
06/june: White mountain
07/june: towns arround White Mountain
08/june: Lincoln - Manchester : towns…
"May 26, 2016 at 02:11PM
Wintry weather at high elevations along the Central Sierra crest has moved out just in time for Memorial Day weekend, allowing Cal Trans to open all mountain passes.
Sonora Pass on Highway 108, Tioga Pass and Tioga Road on Highway 120 in Yosemite National Park, Ebbetts Pass on Highway 4 were reopened as of this morning.
Tioga Pass at 9,945 feet elevation and Sonora Pass at 9,624 feet are said…