All content by Intrepid
Travel to Turkey and break away from the bustle of the big cities to experience the rural culture of the Cappadocia region. A series of volcanic eruptions resulted in the area being swamped in ash, which then hardened to form a porous rock. The elements carved the terrain into the odd fairy chimneys, and later the inhabitants discovered they too could carve the rocks - even into homes and churches. A base in Goreme allows you to easily explore Cappadocia with a local guide. Come and discover Cappadocia's many mysteries and legends.
- See the fairy chimneys and pigeon houses of Cappadocia.
- Experience local hospitality at a dinner with a Turkish family.
- Hike and bike through a lunar landscape.
- Be mesmerised by a Sufi performance.
- Enjoy a Turkish folklore evening in an atmospheric cave.
Day 1 Arrive Goreme
Cappadocia has one of the most astonishing landscapes above ground, and has a wealth of underground cities, caves houses and cultural roots stemming back to the Bronze Age.
Days 2-3 Goreme
Sculptured by millenniums of erosion and centuries of human craftsmanship, Goreme is a truly magical place with fairy chimneys, rock-hewn churches and underground cities.
Day 4 Depart Goreme
It’s time to say goodbye to the whimsical landscapes of wonderfully bizarre Cappadocia.
Maximum of 12 travellers per group
1. This trip is available in Basix, Original & Comfort style accommodation levels 2. This is a join-in trip so you will likely share included activities with other travellers