Kale Camii & Bürüciye Medresesi
Kale Camii & Bürüciye Medresesi information
The squat Ottoman Kale Camii (1580) was constructed by Sultan Murat III's grand vizier Mahmut Paşa.
Just east of the Kale Camii, reached through a monumental Seljuk gateway, is the Bürüciye Medresesi , built to teach 'positive sciences' in 1271 by Iranian businessman Muzaffer Bürücerdi, whose tiled tomb is inside. The tea garden in the courtyard, where exhibitions are held and classical Turkish music plays, is good for a çay in the evening, when spotlights illuminate the building.