City Museum & Archive
Church of St Polycarp
The oldest Christian house of worship in the city, the Church of St Polycarp was built in 1625 with the permission of Sultan Süleyman...
St John’s Cathedral
Consecrated in 1874, St John's Cathedral was partly financed by Sulktan Abdülaziz and the main altar was a gift from Pope Pius IX.
The interior of the city’s largest mosque (1597) is quintessentially İzmiri. The blue-and-gold motifs on the domed ceiling are simpler...
Power up for a visit to the bazaar with dried fruit, nuts, baklava and Turkish delight. There's an Alsancak branch at the southern end...
Şair Eşref Bulvarı 1 · interesting places nearby
City Museum & Archive information
Housed in a fire station built by the British in 1923, this small but perfectly formed museum has displays on İzmir’s history and a courtyard cafe.