Low activity vacation due to stress fracture - Recommendations?
Replies: 7 - Last Post: Oct 2, 2013 1:27 AM Last Post By: stephinshanghai
Sep 28, 2013 8:44 AM
Low activity vacation due to stress fracture - Recommendations?I planned to get away for 3 weeks and typically like to include a lot of activity. I just found out I have a leg stress fracture which means I can't do a lot of walking. Due to other obligations I have to get away now.
I wanted to ask for suggestions and ideas of where I could go:
• Like to head somewhere warm: maybe Mexico, Central America, or South America but open to other suggestions
• Don't want to be somewhere that's begging me to explore - I'll just be frustrated
• Don't want to be overly isolated, but happy to rest on a beach and catch up on reading books, etc.
• Can cycle, swim, do yoga or pilates
• Could manage an hour of walking in a city setting (e.g. no hiking trails, hills, etc)
• Like to stay at locally owned hotels, small inns, etc. - I'm happy to stay in hostels but can manage something more expensive if it best suited my needs
• If you have specific recommendations, I'd love to hear them! (e.g. someplace you've stayed that you think would be ideal)
Thanks in advance for all suggestions!
Sep 28, 2013 1:57 PM
Sep 29, 2013 4:45 AM
Sep 29, 2013 8:50 AM
Sep 29, 2013 9:41 PM
4We had a wonderful time in Costa Rica a few years ago. Rented a small SUV (you need it for the clearance) and explored the less touristed areas. Took a boat up to Tortugeuro on the north east coast. It was a wonderful experience - warm friendly people, reasonable prices (not super cheap but not expensive), gorgeous scenary and wildlife, great food. With your own little truck you can be as active or passive as you choose.
Sep 30, 2013 1:37 AM
Sep 30, 2013 9:07 AM
Oct 2, 2013 1:27 AM
7I can recommend Bali to you. Wonderful nature, people are so nice and always willing to help.
I have stayed there last summer and had a terrific time. I stayed in Villa Bossi in the north of the island. From there we did some site seeing but also stayed a lot in the villa on the beach. I loved it.
(4 star Hotel)
From US$264.28 per night
(3 star Hotel)
From US$189.18 per night
(0 star Hotel)
From US$31.70 per night