anyone going to Darvaza Crater Sept 9 or 10?
Sep 1, 2013 12:10 PM
anyone going to Darvaza Crater Sept 9 or 10?Assuming I get my visa, will be crossing from Khiva into Turkmenistan on Sept 9, prob heading to Konye Urgench that day, then to Darvaza either that same night or the next night. Questions:
1) is there enough to see in KU to justify spending the night?
2) what is the cheapest public transport to KU from Dashogus?
3) how long does it take to get from KU to Darvaza? Can I arrive in time to arrange a jeep to take me out to the crater?
4) what's the lowest price I can expect to get for the jeep, assuming it waits with me overnight and brings me back to the road?
5) what should I pay a trucker if I hitch from Darvaza to Ashgabat? How long would it take?
6) how long and what price should I expect if I manage to get a seat in a KU-Ashgabat share taxi?
7) anyone looking to team up for all or part of this ride?
Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!
Check out all our reviewed and recommended accommodation and book online.