Greece with a 5 Year Old & 3 Year Old
Replies: 4 - Last Post: Mar 31, 2013 1:51 PM Last Post By: xanthigirl
Mar 18, 2013 3:35 PM
Greece with a 5 Year Old & 3 Year OldHi
My wife and two sons (5 and 3) are going to spend 3 weeks in Greece from the middle of June this year.
We plan on dividing the trip as follows:
1) 1 week in Athens - so that we can hit the sights but at a reasonable pace for the boys
- any suggestions as to a centrally located hotel with a pool?
2) Beach Resort in a nice hotel, ideally (a) with a kids club and (b) beside a town with plenty of eating options.
- any suggestions for a hotel? Ideally not too far from Athens (3 to 4 hours travel time max)
3) An alternative location, such as Spetses
- may go for an apartment here, provided it is close to the beach and main town But again, any suggestions wold be great.
Thanks in advance.
Mar 20, 2013 5:37 AM
1Greece in June isn't usually humid, and if you are by a beach you should get a pleasant sea breeze. Spetses is lovely for just that and will meet your requirements for beach and town with a bit of walking. The very centre of Athens by the Acropolis picks up a good breeze along the pedestrianised bits, but otherwise the city will be very hot.
remember June is the strongest sun time so slap on the suncream and don't sunbathe.
Mar 23, 2013 10:12 AM
2I don't think I would spend a whole week in Athens as the kids won't get much out of the sites and it's not a great city for little kids. I'd do 2 or 3 days at the max there.
I'd head to Santorini
and June is a good time to be there.
We've spent lots of time in Greece on our open ended world trip these last 7 years, so you might look to other posts for other ideas. So many choices!
Mar 30, 2013 5:01 AM
Mar 31, 2013 1:51 PM
I agree, just a couple of days in Athens should be enough with the children.
You could head down to the Peloponese via the Corinth canal, which the children would enjoy. There's a cute little train at Diakofto (northern Peloponese) that would be a hit with the children and the scenery there is beautiful. Then you should go south to the Mani or Kalamata area for relaxing and beaches.
June in Greece is wonderful. Wherever you go it will be lovely.
Check out all our reviewed and recommended accommodation and book online.