July/Aug trip to Kyrgyzstan a few questions
Replies: 1 - Last Post: Mar 14, 2013 2:27 PM Last Post By: tuintje
Mar 13, 2013 10:37 PM
July/Aug trip to Kyrgyzstan a few questionsHi guys,
Got a few questions about my trip in July/August to Kyrgyzstan. If you would help me out I would appreciate it.
1. I want to get from Almaty to Karakol, best way to get their? Heard the mountain pass is closed is that true?
2. If I do have to go to Bishek any recomendations of places to stay?
3. In Karakol any recomendations of places to stay?
4. Good trekking companies to use in Karakol?
And any other tips you have would be greatly appreciated.
Mar 14, 2013 2:27 PM
11 Yes the pass in the east is closed by Kazachstan.
2. good place to stay in hotel Umai in the centre (www,umai-hotel-kg.com)
3 Hotel Amir is very good but a little expensive. Cheaper is a homestay with CBT
4. trekking around Karakol is very touristic and crowded, if you want something less touristic and have contact with local Kyrgyz ( not commercially ) ecotour might be able to organize something. (www.ecotour.kg )on the south shore of lake Issyk-Kul.
Check out all our reviewed and recommended accommodation and book online.