Glacier NP for a week
Replies: 2 - Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 8:19 AM Last Post By: hermosajoe
Feb 15, 2013 5:07 AM
Glacier NP for a weekMy college friend and I will meet in Glacier NP for a week. I am coming from HI, she from FL, so two sea level girls (lol, guess we're way too old to be girls) in the mountains! My first trip since having my baby 1.5years ago (he'll be home with my husband). Maternity leave consumes all one's PTO, so I need to make this vacation count!. I havent seen her in years! It'll be great! We will have a rental car.
1) We were thinking it would be better to stay in the park to reduce driving times. Should we stay on the east or west side? I read the accommodations are all pretty bad...where would you recommend?
2) How much time should We spend in Waterton? Where should we stay? What should we do?
3) I have a hiking book, but what are your absolute favorite shorter day hikes (5-7 miles or so)?
4) Are there places outside the park worth visiting? What about Browning?
5) bears...sounds like more of a problem than in Yellowstone ( been there many times)? Definitely need bear spray?
Thank you in advance for your help!
Feb 15, 2013 4:05 PM
1Browning MT. Would be a poor choice and possibly unsafe...We spent a night in a campground (locked pickup camper) and fled at first light... I would suggest the West side as the hikes there will be at lower elevation... There are a number of lodging options outside the Park in West Glaicer ... Are you meeting in Spokane ? carracar
Feb 17, 2013 8:19 AM
Check out all our reviewed and recommended accommodation and book online.