Vietnam - Nha Trang +surr. areas:: travel tips beach/culture/nightlife
Replies: 3 - Last Post: Feb 5, 2013 5:17 AM Last Post By: ae123456
Feb 4, 2013 8:48 PM
I am currently in Nha Trang for the lunar new year (first time in Vietnam), and would greatly appreciate some tips on:
1. What to do in Nha Trang and/or surrounding areas
2. Beaches - where to go? Been hearing some mixed reviews, and since I am already here I would like to spend my time at the best beaches possible (day trips are fine too)
3. Boat trips (day trips ) - any good options here or in surrounding areas?
4. Night life: any good spots/areas where you have an international crowd as well?
5. Surrounding areas/cities worth checking out?
6. Anything else worth doing?
7. Scams to keep in the back of our minds?
We are two single guys in the mid-late twenties traveling, and would like a variety of nice beaches, activities and nightlife (not Patong style, but something happening, if there is). We are coming straight from Thailand (Phuket & BKK) and the idea was to experience something a little different, even the beaches itself are beautiful in Phuket and the islands.
Thank you all in advance,
Feb 4, 2013 10:00 PM
Feb 4, 2013 11:37 PM
2It depends what you like to do. Mama Hanh's party boats are pretty fun. I don't drink and I still enjoyed it. Or you could take a short trip to Da Lat with easyriders. Da Lat is quite cool though, bring a jacket!
Feb 5, 2013 5:17 AM
34. Most go to the Sailing club. I don't. Truly hideous music and overpriced.
5. The Cham tower is worth a look and walk back over the bridge for the views along the river and harbour.
Ko ChangBook now
(3 star Hotel)
From US$41.04 per night
Chiang MaiBook now
(5 star Hotel)
From US$106.78 per night
Ko Pha-NganBook now
(3 star Hotel)
From US$39.68 per night