Report bugs here
Replies: 931 - Last Post: Apr 26, 2013 7:30 AM Last Post By: katija
Mar 4, 2013 3:05 PM
Mar 5, 2013 6:17 AM
Mar 5, 2013 10:53 AM
Mar 5, 2013 3:49 PM
Mar 6, 2013 4:21 AM
westwood - as I understand it they're different parts of work, but they will be released in the same deploy so should be resolved at the same time. Mind you, I have been getting 'very soon' as the answer to the question of 'when will this be fixed?' since Thursday last week. So I fear the first hurdle is coming to a mutual agreement about the elapsed time that 'very soon' might mean.
go_2 - looks like you're in luck in this instance. Trying to work out what's causing a bug on lonelyplanet.com can be a bit like playing that board game Mastermind, but much less fun.
Mar 6, 2013 9:22 AM
Mar 6, 2013 11:19 AM
Mar 6, 2013 12:51 PM
Mar 6, 2013 1:59 PM
Mar 6, 2013 5:10 PM
Mar 6, 2013 5:37 PM
460Happens to me reasonably regularly as well Ozzie - one in three.
I always Ctrl A and Ctrl C my words before I post (although not strictly necessary since it is always there when I go back a page in Chrome), and I Refresh the thread before considering re-submitting the failed post (which usually - not always - appears after the Refresh).
Mar 6, 2013 10:11 PM
Mar 7, 2013 2:41 AM
When reporting a bug, it'd help me to get your problem resolved if you could please include as much information as you can, including details of your browser/system setup, the specific error message text, and the amount of times you've experienced the problem (all of these help our technical team diagnose what's wrong and give them a head start on how to fix what's broken).
Depending on the type of error, you can also take a screenshot and send it along to email@example.com.
Mar 7, 2013 5:39 AM
463katija, i have reported a gazillion times about the non-functioning mobile site but nothing has been done, It appears the feedback here is not taken seriously.
- can't zoom
- can't see 'recent threads'
- long threads with multiple pages only display the first one with no way of navigating to teh 2nd one.
both on iPhone Opera browser as well as Blackberry
Mar 7, 2013 8:44 AM
464I don't use the site on my phone much at all, but re: MTL's comment above, for the sake of comparison I'll note that when I use the website with my phone and browser (Samsung Galaxy S II with Dolphin browser):
- I also cannot pinch and zoom (but I can double-tap and get a slightly larger text);
- When I hold the phone upright there is no way to get over to "recent threads," but when I hold is sideways I see them. They seem like two different page configurations;
- I can navigate to other pages on longer threads, whether the phone is held upright or sideways. But when I hold it sideways I navigate to later pages as I would on a laptop browser. When I hold it upright there is instead a dropdown screen requiring me to select a page number; and
- If I try to add to a thread and then accidentally tilt the phone (say, from sideways to upright), my typed text is deleted entirely.
Puerto MadrynBook now
(0 star Hotel)
From US$14.42 per night
(1 star Hotel)
From US$8.67 per night
(0 star Hotel)
From US$18.63 per night